We are in full support of Swallowing Awareness Day that campaigns to raise greater awareness of dysphagia, a condition that affects you from being able to swallow safely.
Dysphagia can affect people at any stage of their lives. But through support from speech and language therapists people are able to eat and drink safely.
Eating and drinking difficulties can consequently have life threatening outcomes as it can lead to choking, pneumonia, malnutrition, weight loss and dehydration.
Please take a moment to get involved with the quizzes, activities and detailed information of the condition provided to raise awareness.
- Dysphagia: A difficult diagnosis to swallow
- Dysphagia: How does it affect children?
- Dysphagia: How can speech and language therapists help?
- Dysphagia: How is it assessed?
- Dysphagia: What can be done to help?
- Dysphagia: Who does it affect?
- Val’s swallowing story